Tuesday, November 4, 2008

10 Things Tuesday

10 reasons I'm not voting today... (so that you all can yell at me and call me stupid..)

  1. I didn't watch a single debate.
  2. I really didn't pay much attention to the candidates aside from knowing they're basic views.
  3. I'm not registered (yeah.. I know I still can).
  4. I have no idea which one of the boobs I'd vote for (left, right? saggy, perky?).
  5. My personal beliefs are more in line with McCain/Palin (every time I see one of their signs, I think 'McCain/Pain').
  6. But I get the feeling that 4 years from now, our country would be better off if Obama were president.
  7. I'm trying to complain less and be more content in life.. since by not voting my right to complain about our government will be revoked for the next 4 years (and no, I don't gain the right to blame all of you who did vote) I see this as a win win for me.
  8. If my husband votes, I'm more than happy to let his vote represent me as well.
  9. There's going to be a record turn out anyway...
  10. So my vote won't really count!! (because I know you all want to tell me it does.. but honestly, in the grand scheme of things, we all know that my one little vote won't sway the polls.)


Disclaimer: The views that are expressed herein may or may not represent the actual views of the author. Do not take these words as honest truth as this blog is known for it's bullshit falsehoods.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My girlfriend is not registered and does not care either. I have never missed any vote since I was old enough. I would prefer people don't vote if they don't pay attention. Some things are better left to those who put the time into making informed decisions.
Maybe someday you will find something worth voting for.

ChurchPunkMom said...

actually that's exactly how I feel.

I normally do vote, I think this is the first major election I've missed since turning 18.. I have missed some of the smaller ones in between though.

making an informed/educated decision when voting is most important, imo. that's why i chose to abstain this year, i simply did not have the time to sort through the candidate's crap (and i was lazy about registering when we moved here).

Pamela said...

i am sitting here, mouth a-gape.
and really, with all the noblomofo nonsense, how do you even have time to vote, what with sitting around, eating bonbons and stuff.

Elan Morgan said...

You are being featured on Five Star Friday's Intrepid Tuesday!
http://www.fivestarfriday.com/2008/11/intrepid-tuesday-edition-8.html

steenky bee said...

Not passing judgement. Someone very dear to me, who happens to be sitting right next to me on the couch and is contractually obligated to love me didn't vote either. I applaud you and him for being honest and "coming out" about it. It would be easier to just lie. Now, let us heal.....

Amie said...

I especially love #4 :D

ChurchPunkMom said...

apparently, it was quite the deciding factor for many...

after all, nobody really likes saggy boobs, right?

 
Home Contests About Me Awards Writings Contact