So a couple of my favoritest bloggy dudes decided that the blogosphere really need to Man Up and went ahead and made some Manwards. Cause.. you know.. all them bloggy awards out there are all like girly and frilly and crap. I am beyond honored to be a recipient of BOTH of these awards and will proudly display them here upon my blog.
So first up is my
So here is my Manward, the Measures Up Award, that I humbly recieved from GoodFather...
Seriously.. how awesome is that?
So here are da roolz...
So, here goes...
This Blog Measures Up Award
This award is for any blog that truly ‘measures up’.
1. Say one nice thing to a man in your life.
2. List at least six ways that you measure success in your life (or for your blog).
3. Assign this award to six other blogs and leave them a comment telling the blogger that you’ve assigned them this award.
4. Link back to the blog that you received this award from.
- To my wonderful husband, J.. Thank you. Thank you for all your love and support over the past month as I bravely and ambitiously pursued both NaNoWriMo and NaBloPoMo all in one month. Your encouragement, whip-cracking, and taking over of child rearing duties made it all possible. You know full well how many times I said "I give up!" or "Crap! I forgot to blog today!", I don't have to count them for you, and you never allowed defeat to be and option for me. So thank you, my dear. You are the bestest. (seriously people.. he even drove me to the final writein so that I wouldn't go spinning and sliding off the road and end up having to finish my book in the car stuck in a ditch while rescue workers tried to extract me with the jaws of life.. 'hang on guys, just 253 more words!!!')
- Six ways I measure success in my life or on my blog... I guess I will go with 'on my blog'.. 1) Are less than half the comments on any given post mine? 2) Did I feel good when I hit publish? or did I cringe and think twice? 3) Did I piss anyone off?? (sometimes it's good to piss some people off..) 4) Does anyone hate me yet? (some say you're not truly a success until you get hate mail.. I'm not there yet.) 5) How many of the Cool Kids are hanging around my blog?? 6) Did Jen from Steenky Bee leave a comment? cause if she didn't, that post must suck.
- Now, I would like to bestow this truly awesome award to a few of my favorite bloggy friends.. So here you go, Shawn the Backpacking Dad, Aimee at Boy Story and Beyond (as if she, like me, doesn't have enough manliness in her house..), my funny friend Father Muskrat, Pamela Preggos at The Dayton Time (I hear she's going for 'earned most awards while pregnant or something..), and of course her hubs The Mister, and Amy (who could use any manliness she can get over at her girlie house..) at The Sprightly Syndicate.
- I already linked back to GoodFather.. but I will do it again, because I am feeling generous today.